The team at Pure Resourcing Solutions (Pure) are delighted to have been named as finalists in the Corporate Social Responsibility category of the East Anglian Daily Times Business Awards 2015.
This particular award recognises the companies which have demonstrated a strong sense of responsibility and consideration for their role as a corporate citizen. Entrants were expected to demonstrate commitment to a number of good practices within the normal everyday commercial running of the business. In particular the judges were looking for evidence of:
- Culture – demonstrating how the business engages with all aspects of working life
- Ethics – integrity when dealing with customers and business partners
- Diversity and inclusion – showing a consultative and enriching environment for employees
- People development – evidence of opportunities for staff to progress themselves
- Health and safety – ensuring the working environment is a safe, healthy and happy place for employees who are able to balance work and family commitments.
Pure was selected as finalists because of its obvious commitment to staff development and welfare, flexible working practices, continued fundraising for local charities, and its ongoing support for local businesses and the career development of people in the region through initiatives such as the Best Employers Eastern Region and Women's Leadership Programme.
In praise of Pure, the judges said: “There is a vibrant and energetic atmosphere at Pure which clearly helps staff within their roles and flows over into a working environment that is inclusive and supportive.”
Consultants from the Ipswich office enjoyed a fantastic evening at the awards ceremony which was held at Trinity Park in Ipswich on Thursday 9 July.
Jodie Woodrow, Manager of Pure’s Ipswich office said: “We were up against strong competition from other local businesses, so we were delighted to have been crowned as one of the top three companies. Right from the start we set out to be different and we genuinely believe in ‘putting people first’. This doesn’t just relate to our employees, but also to our clients and to those within our wider communities. We bring this to life through our values, which all our staff were involved in implementing. Our congratulations go to Spring as the overall winners and also to MLM as our fellow finalists.”