VAT SpecialistReference: BH-54010
As an integral part of the tax department and will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with the of the Head of Tax.
As a VAT specialist you will have responsibility for
- The download of the monthly VAT financials out of the accounting systems of the different group entities.
- The control of completeness & accuracy of VAT transactions included in the above mentioned reports, including using data analysis tools available
- The preparation, review and filing in of VAT returns
- Liaison with accounting colleagues to ensure the reconciliation VAT returns to underlying accounting records.
- Ensuring all VAT compliance deadlines for return filings and payments are monitored
As the specialist within the team you will also
- Participate in optimizing/automation the tax processes to gain efficiency and process improvements, as well as identifying VAT savings opportunities.
- Be the first point of contact with the businesses in answering VAT ad hoc questions, as well as liaison with the accounts payable & receivable departments.
- Be the first point of contact with the UK Tax Authorities on VAT compliance matters
As a specialist within VAT you will be able to demonstrate
- Up to date knowledge of the UK VAT rules (with all connected post Brexit implications) and is able to autonomously deal with VAT consultancy and VAT compliance management.
- Extensive professional experience in VAT consultancy and compliance (either in a tax advisory or in-house environment).
For further informtion please contact Hannah Flindall at Pure