Trainee AccountantReference: BH-53277
The primary role of the Trainee Accountant is to build on experience and acquire knowledge in all areas of the Finance Department and as the job holder’s experience develops, duties will be reallocated to ensure a wide range of experience is gained.
Initial areas of responsibility will include:
- To assist in the preparation of the monthly accounts, including journal preparation, account reconciliation and Trial Balance preparation as directed.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts and other internal finance reports and carry out review meetings with budget holders
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly forecast and annual budget process.
- To assist in / carry out the monthly financial consolidation of the results
- Assist in the preparation of VAT and Corporation Tax returns
- Assist in the review of internal controls as directed.
Experience and knowledge required:
- Previous recent experience of at least one year working within a finance function
- Experience of working in a management reporting environment
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant discipline or equivalent of a full AAT qualification
- Part qualification of ACCA or CIMA would be advantageous, however required to work towards full qualification of either within the Finance Training package.
Benefits include – competitive salary and pension, bonus, study support, private healthcare and career development.
Apply now or contact Fiona Cooper at Pure.