Temporary Accounts Payable and Expenses ClerkReference: BH-53873
This position will pay up to £30K.
The main duties of the role as follows:
- Input supplier invoices accurately and efficiently to ensure correct payments, including reconciliation of supplier statements
- Manage the accounts inbox; addressing or resolving any queries regarding supplier invoicing both internally within the organisation and externally with suppliers as required, including handling supplier calls
- Open the post and scan, sending to appropriate individuals as required
- Take ownership of the multicurrency AP ledger and generating the weekly payment run for all group entities
- Expenses system administrator and go to person. Assist staff with expenses including credit cards. Process, review and critique employee expenses, escalating any queries as required
- Perform monthly reconciliations of corporate credit cards and virtual cards
- Perform bank account reconciliations daily ensuring timely and accurate clearing of queries
- Working with, training and educating the wider company to ensure employees adhere and comply with purchasing policies, including ensuring purchase orders are raised and approved appropriately
- Maintain accurate financial records, ensuring both paper-based and digital records are filed and archived appropriately for audit purposes
- Review purchase order records and ensure they are kept up to date (particularly large and/or old POs and standing POs)
- Month end reconciliations and supporting the Management Accountant including, but not limited to,
- reconciliation of GRNI, review of purchase ledger postings against budget, prepayments, fixed assets, VAT transaction review
- YE assistance including preparation of some audit and tax schedules and full YE supplier statement reconciliation
- Sales ledger assistance and holiday cover of Management Accountant as required
- SOPs – process documentation, updating and improvements
- Assist the wider Group finance team with ad-hoc requests as required
Ideally candidates will have previous purchase ledger experience and must be able to start work within the next week or so. There is a strong possibility this role could become permanent for the right applicant!
For more information on this role please call me on 01223 209888.