Systems Development & Support AnalystReference: BH-53920
To maintain, develop and support BDL Business systems: Sage1000 ERP, EDI, WHM, CRM, Time and Attendance and in-house developed systems and interfaces ensuring round-the-clock availability of business systems
Working collaboratively with process owners and other stakeholders, the job holder will also be responsible for the development and implementation of system improvements and updates e.g. electronic order file creation and transfer programs using formal specifications but also working without specifications.
Primary key output/deliverables:
- Support, maintain and develop Java/android/ based interfaces to ERP and other company systems
- Develop and maintain sql based reports and queries.
- Ensure continuity of systems/servers and IT infrastructure, install software and patches.
- Identify areas for process and system improvements and developments.
- Evaluation and documentation of existing business systems and process.
- Be involved in cross-departmental projects to expand your knowledge of the business and make IT systems recommendations.
- Assist in the day to day running of the IT department.
- Provide end user support on all business systems and route support requests to third party support providers.
Education and experience:-
- IT degree/qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in java/android systems development/improvement
- Knowledge of EDI or other structured data transfer integration methods / applications
- Experience of reporting tools (SQL/ODBC/MSQuery/Excel)
- FMCG background would be beneficial
Essential Key skills:-
- Java/Development, Hibernate, orm, Spring, Tomcat,rest, Jason, web services
- Reading/Writing structured data interface files: eg: edi , xml , Jason etc
- Development of data capture systems using android
- plc or other hardware based development experience (Desirable)
- web Development, web development frameworks (Desirable)
- ERP & business Systems Support (Desirable)
- Ability to manage own workload
- Must be able to effectively communicate with users of variable IT ability.