Software Developer (.Net)Reference: BH-53413
The Technology group provides services through all areas of the software development lifecycle. The role involves developing and supporting clients and internal projects.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter working as an individual contributor and coordinating with operations support teams. The role will be based mainly at home with occasional travel within the UK.
Experience with both Waterfall and Agile software development frameworks is advantageous.
This role requires maintaining/supporting existing systems, live operations, participation in the full product lifecycle from design to deployment, to post-launch phases including technical support and technical training.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Hands on experience in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using .NET 3.5/4 development using C# and ASP.NET
- Competence in SQL Server.
- Working knowledge in ASP MVC
- Working knowledge in Microsoft WCF services
- Working Knowledge in requirements analysis or business analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge in CSS, Java scripting
- Experience in REST web services.
- Client-focused, working independently and simultaneously across multiple projects
- Capture and documentation of customer requirements and transformation into software design specifications / user stories
- Writes structured well-documented code to deliver scalable software solutions
- Good communication, able to write clear and concise documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
- Team player with effective time management
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to peer review and provide feedback on others work
- Consistently technically abreast of existing, new and emerging technologies to complement solutions
- Willing to be flexible with occasional out of hours dev ops.Key Responsibilities
- Managing/Supporting the operation of live BAU systems
- Assist in the creating detailed technical design documentation & estimates
- Develop code as per the specifications and coding standards
- Assist in peer reviews of other team members code
- Provide feedback on process to refine where necessary
- Liaise with Team Leads, Testers and any other project stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Technical support, including assisting with on-call support.
- Microsoft .NET 3.5/4
- VB .NET
- Relational Databases like MS SQL Server
- Web frameworks like MVC
- ASP.NET Core and Web API