Senior Financial AccountantReference: BH-53990
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for the financial management including consolidated business unit reporting with foreign currency translations, financial reporting, treasury management, transaction management and statutory financial obligations.
You will be supporting the Finance Director in the day-to-day financial management of the organisation and providing technical Accounting Advice.
· Preparing the monthly consolidated business unit accounts and ensuring they are reported internally and to the US in an accurate and timely manner, including foreign currency translation from EUR to GBP
· Preparing the yearly statutory accounts for all entities
· Leading the external audit, acting as the day-to-day contact for the external auditors
· Treasury management to ensure prudent cash management (including working capital analysis, cash flow forecasting and managing bank relationships)
· Managing all areas of tax compliance including preparing and submitting related returns; VAT, corporation tax, PAYE settlement agreements, Gift Aid.
· Acting as internal payroll officer by liaising with HR Team and both the UK and European payroll bureaus to ensure payroll information is accurate and timely
· Preparation and execution of annual business plan and forecasts, specifically leading the process for the consolidated bottom-up plan/forecast
· Support the development of accounting policies and internal financial control and provide practical advice and interpretation consistent with these policies and controls to safeguard the organisation
· Involvement in ad hoc finance projects, reports and analysis as required by the Senior Leadership Group to support operational, commercial and strategic decision making
· Financial and management accounting, budgeting and forecasting
· Multi-currency accounting including translating foreign currency accounts into functional currency
· Preparation of financial accounts to include income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements
You will be a Qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with proven experience as a financial accountant or a first-time mover from practice with strong, up to date technical knowledge.
The organisation prides itself on its staff engagement and offers a good work/life balance and an excellent benefits package.