Scrum MasterReference: BH-53917
The Scrum Master will lead Scrum Teams through Agile Scrum methodology, ensuring that project goals are achieved and aligned with the business’s objectives. Individuals in this role will be responsible for guiding and coaching their teams on how to use Scrum practices and values to deliver customer goals and where appropriate providing Line Management. Scrum Masters will motivate teams, facilitate meetings, communicate across teams, track and resolve issues, dependencies & risks, and exercise Agile Principles.
- Provides support to the team using a collaborative style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Strongly serve and support the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to satisfy customers.
- Ensures successful project delivery by managing story tickets through the Agile process
- Where appropriate provides Line Management for team members
- Where appropriate provide operational project management resource to allow delivery of bespoke technical projects
- Works closely with Business Analysts and Project Managers to ensure end-to-end accountability is in place for delivery of project goals
- Guides and coaches the team on how to get the most out of self-organisation.
- Guides and coaches the team on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
- Assesses the Scrum Maturity of the team and organisation and coaches their teams to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organisation.
- Removes impediments or guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Ensures work is completed according to customer priority
- Facilitates discussions, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Works in moderately complex projects that have been prioritised into the book of work
- Indirectly manages up to 20 associates or third-party employees
Role Requirements (E=essential, P=preferred.)
E - Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent professional qualification or experience
E - First level Scrum Master Certification or willingness to work towards
E - Possesses significant and demonstrable relevant professional work experience with exposure to working as a Scrum Master for a software development team or equivalent delivery management experience
E - Good skills and knowledge of collaborative leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
E - The ability to distinguish what is Scrum and what is not Scrum
E - Knowledge and/or experience working in a scaled Agile environment
E - Knowledge and/or experience with widely used Agile techniques such as, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated testing
P - Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts
P - Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum including, training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
P - Knowledge of numerous well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (i.e., Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
P - Previous experience as a collaborative leader
P - Experience in the FMCG business domain