Regulatory Risk ManagerReference: BH-54623
As part of a growing Risk and Compliance team, this is a pivotal role within the Group and is working alongside the existing Chief Risk Officer.
The main remit of this role is to support the Risk and Compliance function in providing pro-active, timely and commercial advice on risk and regulation, enabling colleagues to effectively identify and manage risk and changes toregulation, and to operate in accordance with regulatory standards and industry best practice.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Support and assist the Chief Risk Officer, the Head of Risk and Regulation and the Regulatory Change Committee in maintaining effective oversight of changes to regulation and legislation.
- Assessing the impact of the changes to the Business and delivering training as required
- Ensure the group risk and regulatory framework, including practices and controls, remains aligned with regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance and advice (where required) to the Business and Senior Management on aspects of FCA, PRA, ICO and HMRC regulation and legislation
- Provide second line advice and guidance to the Business on new projects, products, services and other initiatives to ensure they meet regulatory requirements and are within agreed risk appetite
- Maintain good corporate governance, including the delivery of effective and relevant regulatory risk reporting
- Financial Services experience
- In depth understanding of the principles of risk management
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of a broad range of FCA and PRA rules and practical application in a risk and compliance environmen
- Experience of interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions
- Good awareness of the wider business and regulatory environment and ability to understand the potential impacts of market and regulatory changes.
This is a superb time to be joining the business who are expanding both organically and by acquisition.
This position offers strong benefits and career progression opportunities.
Occasional national travel may be required.