Recruitment OfficerReference: BH-54071
The Recruitment Officer is responsible for assisting sourcing, attracting and hiring candidates for all level of open positions across the charity. To ensure that the best candidates are hired.
As well as always meeting the needs of the role by finding candidates that match their organisational culture, the Recruitment Officer will follow the mission, vision and values.
- Key responsibilities
Advertising and monitoring vacancies as and when required by the Hiring Manager/s.
- Conducting telephone interviews with candidates particular roles within the organisation, in partnership with hiring managers / senior management team.
- Dealing with queries from applicants, new starters and hiring managers via telephone and email.
- Assisting with designing job adverts with the involvement of hiring managers and senior leaders for internal and external candidates.
- Undertaking all necessary compliance checks, for example, DBS checks and references. Offering support and guidance when there are any queries about an individual’s suitability to work.
- Maintaining recruitment records as required of the Data Protection Act and the company’s information governance arrangement and key performance indicators (KPI) on recruitment.
- Updating and monitoring all recruitment-based information for all roles within the organisation.
- Ensuring up to date knowledge regarding recruitment/onboarding and compliance processes and policies.
- Training colleagues and senior management team on the recruitment process, to promote quick response and quality hires are made.
- Any other tasks including training and office administration which may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Ensure all documentation for recruitment and processes around this are up to date and within legislation.
- Setting up new starters on the HR system and sending induction details to them. Also ensuring they are set up on payroll.
Advice & Guidance
- Work with the HR Advisor and HR Team Leader to provide advice, guidance and strategic recruitment options to hiring managers
- Provide coaching and support to managers and colleagues in recruitment best practise and procedure
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and advise on best practise in areas such as safer recruitment
- Providing advice and guidance to managers on use of agency staff and advising on agreements and TOB where necessary and relevant.
Managing Recruitment Campaigns
- Partnering with managers to support them through the full recruitment life cycle focusing on enabling good selection decisions in a timely fashion
- Ensuring roles are fully scoped and completed necessary authorisation steps before recruitment
- Craft sourcing strategies using all available channels and source new channels. To include sourcing diversly and inclusively working towards the charities EDI strategy.
- Analysing applications and supporting managers to make recruitment decisions based upon applications
- Conducting pre-screening interviews with candidates (where applicable)
- Arranging interviews and ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied to managers
- Collecting feedback from hiring manager's and providing feedback to candidates
Reporting & Feedback
- Monitor and report on recruitment campaign progress and hired positions
- Monitor overall recruitment statistics, e.g. demographic data, ensuring results are fed back into hiring process
- Monitor and report on any other statistics required.
- Experience in a similar recruitment role
- Understanding of the full recruitment cycle and other HR dependencies
- Experience of building strong relationships with hiring managers
- Knowledge of employment and related legislation
Fully IT literate and competent in word processing, spreadsheet, report writing/presentation and electronic diary software.
- Administering Databases
- Experience of varied candidate sourcing strategies, including digital methods, search and interviewing
- Experience of using social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) to support recruitment.
- Knowledge of various assessment methods
- Some experience of working with third party suppliers, negotiation
- CIPD qualification
- Experience of working in Healthcare
- Experience of working in the Charity sector