Payroll SpecialistReference: BH-53905
The role will be to assist with the accurate and timely process of monthly payroll in accordance with statutory regulations. The Payroll administrator will be responsible for the input of payroll data in a precise and accurate manner.
The following list is not exhaustive and is intended only to indicate the range of activities that the post holder will be required to undertake. Further duties and responsibilities may be added as identified from time to time and it is expected that the post-holder will accept all reasonable requirements and developments of the job.
Payroll/Reconciliation & Statistics
- Input monthly/weekly payroll data into the HR/Payroll system in accordance with statutory and contractual obligations and to pre-defined timescales.
- Process and monitor all staffing changes including starters, secondments, transfers, leavers and other amendments to salaries and employee data in compliance with policy and payroll requirements.
- The input, calculation and recording of sickness payments both statutory and occupational.
- The input, calculation and recording of maternity, paternity and adoption payments both statutory and occupational.
- Ensure the sent to payroll provider the processing of relevant Inland Revenue forms including P45, P46 etc.
- Send the input through to the payroll provider and check the edit run monthly with another member of staff.
- Balance the reconciliation and journal report on a monthly basis.
- Create payroll procedures and document for all processes and provide training to members of the team where necessary.
- Prepare information to assist in the provision of information to external agencies in relation to mortgage references, Child Maintenance Service questionnaires, etc as required.
- Advise employees and managers on payroll issues as first point of contact for enquiries.
- Running management reports
- To be the main point of contact for any enquiries relating to pension administration and liaison with the pension company and the NHS Pension Scheme ensuring you are up to date with the latest pension legislation.
- Responsible for administering new joiners/leavers to the NHS pension and Scottish Widows pension schemes.
- To provide advice and guidance at first instance in response to all enquiries in relation to Pensions using the advice from the Charity’s Financial Advisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that the pension contributions payments are paid out via Assist Me before the end of the payment month. These payments will be done in conjunction with the monthly reconciliation/Journal report.
- Draft and coordinate any communication in relation to Pension letters.
- Answer queries and assist employees with the employee self-service portal (Select HR) handbook, including health & safety requirements and attending courses as directed
- Work with the HR Manager to maintain the Administration of the Database and processes.
Personal Specification & Skills
- Proven Payroll background
- Experience of working within a busy department
- Experience of inputting of payroll
- Intermediate keyboard and IT skills, working with Word, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint
- Numeracy skills
- Excellent customer service
- Up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation, including statutory payments, Real Time Information (RTI) & auto-enrolment
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Ability to communicate sensitively and diplomatically with a wide range of people
- Ability to work on own initiative and work effectively within a team