Operations ManagerReference: BH-52943
I am assisting my client based in Wymondham for the post of Operations Manager to manage, lead and oversee all cleaning operations at the college. The main responsibility will be to ensure the high quality and delivery of cleaning services to all the college's staff and students.
Some of the duties will include:
- Creating detailed schedules based on strict deadlines.
- Purchase materials and services required for the operation.
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours and contract labour.
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment.
- Conduct office management tasks including handled payroll, accounts receivable and payable and other office work.
- Prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation.
- The line management of cleaning staff at the college including staff performance management, induction training, discipline and grievances.
- Provision and update/amendment of cleaning schedules across all areas of the college to ensure cleaning is delivered in the most efficient and effective way.
- Regular audit of standards
- Ensuring appropriate records of staff working times are accurate and submitted for payment
- Carry out regular reviews of service delivery
- Liaison with department managers across the college
- Ensure cleaning records are maintained and up to date.
- Ensure all employees follow rules and regulations.
- Devise a staff management programme
- Liaison with outside agencies, where necessary regarding cleaning products
- Undertaking other duties and responsibilities as their line manager may reasonably require.
The successful candidate will manage and direct a group of 35 staff members and work as part of three person team that manages the operations of the Campus Services team at the College. The primary function is to provide management, leadership, training and delivery of the in-house cleaning service across the college. You will need to meet the following essential criteria:
- Proven experience of managing a local budget
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to multi task
- Excellent decision making ability
- Relevant work experience in cleaning management and supervision of cleaning procedures
- Operational management experience
- Excellent project, planning, change and time management capabilities.
- Flexible and resilient
A qualification in leadership and management or a cleaning qualification would be an advantage, however not essential.
This is a full time, permanent position and other benefits are on offer including free refreshments and midday meals during term-time.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity, please contact Emily at Pure.