Mergers & Acquisitions SpecialistReference: BH-54192
- Reporting to and working with the M&A Manager, alongside the SMT, to identify, appraise and complete business acquisitions;
- Perform analysis as part of financial due diligence, as well as contributing to other aspects of the due diligence process including commercial and operational;
- Working with external advisors to facilitate legal and tax due diligence processes;
- With the knowledge gained from the due diligence process, implementation of finance processes such as monthly reporting and forecasting in newly acquired companies;
- Act upon, or help facilitate acting upon, key risks or opportunities identified as part of the due diligence process;
- Working with the Group FP&A manager to prepare and present financial analysis to aid commercial decisions.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- This role would suit someone with a practice background looking for a varied and commercial role. Candidates from a comparable role in industry would also be considered.
- M&A or Corporate Finance experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Ability, and willingness, to learn quickly, including on non-finance topics.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will represent the Group in front of potential acquisitions and third party advisors, as well as significant interaction with the SMT.
- Team player, but able to work under own initiative.
- Analytical and inquisitive with a keen interest in evaluating and understanding a distribution business model.