Management AccountantReference: BH-52322
As Management Accountant, you will be responsible for producing the monthly management accounts and ensuring these are completed in an accurate and timely manner. You will provide financial information to other departments across the business to enable them to make key decisions that will in turn support the continued success and growth of the Company.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Production of monthly management accounts and supporting schedules.
- Undertaking balance sheet reconciliations.
- Update & maintain the Fixed Asset Register.
- Collating, reviewing, and submitting quarterly VAT returns.
- Involved in weekly and monthly reporting.
- Providing ad-hoc financial information and support to other departments.
- Assisting with the external year end audit as required.
- Investigate and resolve reconciliation queries in a timely manner.
- Confidently liaise with colleagues from across the company
- Ad hoc duties as needed, such as reporting, dealing with queries and other reconciliations.
- To demonstrate and support a commitment to Equal Opportunities, diversity, and customer care in accordance with established good practice and guidelines.
- To ensure that own personal performance and knowledge are continuously assessed for improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication
- A willingness to learn the role of management accountant and be flexible in the work done
- Results driven, focused on delivery, always looking to add value to the role
- Tough, tenacious “can-do” mentality
- Prides themselves on attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritising work load
- Positive outlook and behaviour
- Qualified or part qualified accountant
- Competent using various reporting (IT) systems
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft office packages; Outlook, Word and capable user of Excel
- Organised, strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and support the team
- Good analytical skills