Logistics/Change CoordinatorReference: BH-53718
Monday-Friday 37.5hours per week
Office + Home Based
- A competitive compensation package.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Private medical and life insurance.
- A company pension scheme.
- The flexibility to work from home some of the time in agreement with the manager.
Pure are delighted to be working with a leading player in the international transportation of cargo, Like many similar businesses they are currently adjusting to the new environment created by Brexit. This demands new thinking as they aim to raise the level of customer service and take a root cause approach to some of their established ways of working. This organisation innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. You will join a small and experienced department of five people responsible for the transportation of containers both into and out of the UK. Based at our office in Ipswich you and the team’s responsibilities include shipping, truck planning to system update, haulier management and payments. It’s busy, it’s fun and every day is different as you work together to reach the next level and service a wide range of high-profile customers.
This is a hybrid role in which your two main purposes are:
- to expand the team in order to cope with the added workload following Brexit, with a particular focus on both daily and structural customer issues and communications;
- to perform root cause analysis of areas where we see repetitive mistakes, and to propose corrective actions.
As such, this is a multi-facing role that impacts many areas of the business and enables you to make a material difference to their success. But it is also a role that demands the drive and persuasiveness necessary to overcome resistance to change as many practices are long established both internally and externally. You will have clearly defined goals but there is scope for you to shape your own approach to achieving your objectives so that you enjoy a high level of job satisfaction.
This job is all about achieving results through a combination of analysis, innovation and determination. So, although knowledge of transport or shipping is an advantage, your background could be in almost any industry. What really matters is that you can demonstrate a track record of delivering improvement over a minimum of three years. With that will come the vision and personality necessary to take the lead, share knowledge and bring a unique approach to the challenges and opportunities created by Brexit.
Beyond that, the formal requirements are:
- Knowledge of standard office programs (Excel, Microsoft Word etc.);
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills.