IT and AV TechnicianReference: BH-53508
You'll be supporting the department's internal staff force of approx 150 users with both BAU and Project based work.
As this is a customer focussed role you'll provide a point of service, supporting the AV environment installed across the hub, lecture theatres and meeting rooms, ensuring they are fit for purpose and proactively maintained.
The role holder will provide a structured response and resolution to AV and IT related incidents & requests, providing expert technical advice and guidance to staff in the appropriate use and operation of Equipment.
Preventative maintenance and the ability to efficiently diagnose and resolve technical faults will minimise disruption to the Hubs operations.
- User Support For spaces with installed AV equipment
- Provide an incident, problem and request management service.
- Maintain a wide range of AV and IT equipment including, but not limited to: AV presentation switchers, control processors, matrix switchers, data projectors, visualisers, display screens, video cameras, audio and video mixers, theatrical lighting, microphones and PA systems, phone systems, network and building data points, library IT and display screens.
- Plan with the Health and Safety team the electrical safety Portable Appliance (PAT) testing and routine preventative maintenance on equipment and maintain accurate records.
- Ensure regular stock checks are undertaken and checked against the Asset Register to ensure it is kept accurate and up-to-date, reporting discrepancies to the AV Manager and assist with a full lifecycle management of the AV equipment catalogue.
- Evaluate the technical needs of users in order to prepare system designs, elevations and plans.
- Install AV equipment working accurately from schematics, site plans and cable schedules.
- Solder and terminate AV cabling and connections including: XLR, BNC and RJ45.
- Safe use of ladders, engineering tools and procedures in line with HSE Guidelines.
- Configure and operate equipment, including but not limited to: video cameras, vision mixers, streaming encoders, projectors, audio mixers, wireless microphones, PA systems, lighting desks and intelligent lighting fixtures.
- Post production of audio and video material using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Act as the IT key contact for the hub, and on occasion undertake tasks as directed by colleagues in IT elsewhere in the University.
As part of the University on offer with this role are some fantastic benefits such as 28 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
Generous pension contribution
Free eye tests
+ much more
For further informatino please contact Jenny in our Cambridge office