Interim FP&AJob not available
The financial management information must be continually developed to aid decision-making across the business, up to and including at Board level. The role will report monthly financial performance against budgets and forecast, capturing & reporting relevant underlying KPI’s, and quarterly reporting to the investors.
The position will work closely with the Director of FP&A and the FP&A Manager, the wider Finance function, as well as interacting with commercial teams throughout the business units and building key relationships with budget stakeholders.
The role will support the production and distribution of existing reports, developing new financial and non-financial reports, and the development of reporting systems & processes
This is a key position with finance processes entering a period of transition with the impending implementation of a new group ERP system, this offers an excellent opportunity to make an immediate contribution to shape the financial and management reporting.
The role requires someone to build and create spreadsheet reports & presentations, manipulate data from financial systems, as well as be comfortable working with senior finance and non-finance people.
Main responsibilities will include
- Using the Group centralised financial systems, integrate the operating functions’ management information, creating and embedding meaningful KPI's & performance management measures to inform all stakeholders, including shareholders.
- Produce and deliver periodic bank reporting and commentary to the Shareholder .
- Business partner with key central overhead cost centre managers, reviewing spend against budget.
- Work closely with HR colleagues to develop a process for monthly headcount reporting.
- Analyse overall Group performance against the business plan, annual budget, and periodic forecasts, and where appropriate identify and evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Support the implementation of the new group ERP system.
- Lead balance sheet and cash flow budgeting.
- Drive continuous improvement across Group financial systems, controls and processes
- Work with the all stakeholders to continuously improve Group reporting through use of KPI’s, internal and external financial and non-financial information, systems and technology utilization.
- Maintain a constant review of internal Group reporting capability and ways of working to continuously improve efficiency through use of the new ERP technology, information flows timeliness and accuracy.
- Drive high quality analysis and commentary on management information ahead of Board meetings and on a monthly/quarterly basis for bank reporting.
- Strong attention to detail, diligent in ensuring reports are accurate and tie to accounting system.
- Able to stay focused during tight reporting cycles and during periods of competing priorities.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, up to macro level including manipulating and creating pivot tables.
- Strong exposure to IT systems and applications. Comfortable interrogating and extracting information from databases.
- Exposure to financial accounting systems and has previous exposure to creating excel based finance reports.