HR AdvisorReference: BH-58826
This is a full-time position offering flexible hybrid model working, this is a impassioned opportunity to join a friendly, pleasant and collaborative team.
Main key responsibilities
- Providing a value added legally compliant service to Managers across the Company on people management issues.
- Assisting and supporting Managers in HR activities where appropriate, including grievance and disciplinary processes, absence reviews, performance management, pay and benefits.
- Providing advice on HR policies and procedures, including the implications of employment law and practices.
- Contributing to the development of HR policies, strategies and procedures to ensure they reflect good practice and meet legislative requirements.
- Co-ordination/responding to the team HR Support inbox/portal queries as required.
- Maintaining and updating the HR/Payroll system with colleague data as required.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality when dealing with all sensitive data.
- Assisting and supporting the colleague life cycle from starter to leaver including recruitment, employment contracts, induction, performance management, employee relations, learning and development, pay and benefits.
- Work with the Head of HR to develop and roll out training initiatives as required.
- Work with the Head of HR on specific HR projects as required e.g. acquisitions/TUPE.
- Ensure data protection regulations are adhered to in respect of colleague and associated records.
- Occasional travel to our sites and branches will be required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience of handling varied casework including disciplinaries and grievances.
- Experience of supporting a customer-facing geographically dispersed workforce.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written.
- Ability to take the initiative, identifying issues and exploring underlying causes.
- Able to establish rapport and credibility with all levels in the organisation.
- Enthusiasm and drive to broaden knowledge and experience.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own time coupled with a high degree of resilience.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality.
- Ideally working towards CIPD or already qualified (or willing to study).
- Full driving licence.
What you will get in return
In return for your commitment, passion and drive, we will reward you with the following:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 24 days annual leave in addition to recognised public and bank holidays
- Company attendance and performance bonuses
- Company pension scheme – in line with auto enrolment
- Death In Service
- Career progression and personal development opportunities
- Being part of a “team” as opposed to just being a number
- Staff discounts on items purchased from any of our nationwide branches
If you match the above job description and you would like to discuss the role in more further detail, please contact Marsha-Louise.