Head of Financial Accounting & ComplianceReference: BH-53639
Responsible and accountable for:
- Providing an accountancy service to the Group, with the lead role in relation to the production of the Group’s annual financial statements
- Regulatory compliance, taxation and VAT.
- Continually reviewing systems, processes and controls to ensure best practice, risk management and to focus on value added activities.
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and returns to statutory and regulatory bodies.
- Sound management and control of the Group’s financial operations, providing support for operational Heads of services and Managers of business units.
- Preparing the statutory financial statements and group consolidation for all entities within the Group.
- Preparing lead schedules, audit packs, and tax packs
- Being the main contact for the external auditors and managing the annual external audit process
You will have strong up to date technical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS. Extensive experience of preparing statutory Financial Statements, Corporation Tax computations and tax management. Group consolidation experience will be an advantage. Experience of preparing VAT returns, VAT law and preferably partial exemption.
You will have Advanced excel skills (Vlookups and pivot tables) be comfortable managing large datasets and modelling capability. Experience of using, designing and driving improvements in finance accounting systems and business processes and controls. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial data and information.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Mark Wishart at Pure on 01223209888