Head of FinanceReference: BH-54535
Main Duties & Responsibilities include:-
- Management of invoicing, refunds, credit control, cashiering, purchase ledger, systems and accounting functions, including setting objectives for the teams.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring internal controls in relation to finance processes.
- Ensure effective internal communication with the Finance Management Team located in our Shared Service Centre.
- Responsible for the integrity of the Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet, as well as timely reporting of the monthly financial position with commentary.
- Analyse financial performance and assist with business planning and periodic forecasts.
- Responsible for the working capital management, including liquidity monitoring and cash flow reporting.
- Coordinate the year end close and audit process, including preparation of statutory accounts.
- Production and presentation of measures for use with teams and senior management.
- Monitor and evaluate processes and implement improvements where needed.
- Contribute to ensuring effective corporate governance and risk management.
- Other ad-hoc duties necessary as directed by your line manager
- Relevant professional qualification – CIMA, ACCA, ACA or similar (Essential)
- Intermediate Excel skills (Essential)
- Experience of working in a dynamic finance environment at a senior level (Essential)
- Management of staff (Essential)
Professional & Personal Attributes
- Leadership – engages, motivates and develops individuals to positivity contribute to the success of the overall business; understands the needs of the business and identifies key goals to achieve this, maintains a resilient approach.
- Professional relationships – able to build effective relationships; good communicator; ensures collaborative working; embraces the benefit of sharing knowledge.
- Attention to detail - maintains high standards even when under pressure; has meticulous attention to detail; produces accurate outputs.
- Accountable – takes responsibility for outputs and actions.
- Customer focussed – recognises the need to focus on both internal and external customer requirements.
- Problem solving and resourceful - focuses on cause, not symptom; ability to utilise resources available for maximum output; proactive approach to work.
- Constructively challenge – able to positively challenge the status quo with a clear understanding of the benefit to be realised.
- All central service teams
- All operations and frontline service teams
- Software support teams
- Auditors Software providers
- Customers’ finance departments
- Corporate bankers and related banking services
- Suppliers’ finance departments