Group Technical Accounting ManagerReference: BH-53970
- Responsible for managing all technical accounting changes which impacts the University’s financial and management reporting including pensions, impairments, fair valuation of Bonds, and valuation of unlisted investments.
- Providing papers to management and auditors for various technical accounting matters.
- Maintaining and developing the Group accounting policies and rolling out changes to Groups’ subsidiaries.
- Review and coordination of statutory accounts of University subsidiary and trusts.
- Training on technical accounting issues to departments and subsidiaries.
- Preparation of Audit and finance Committee papers.
- Involvement in various projects (Capex intensive projects, investment properties, debt arrangements etc.)
- Coordinate with Moody’s for University credit rating exercise.
- Preparation of technical papers relating to merger, disposals, reorganisation in the university Group as per requirements of FRS102.
- Reviewing accounting requirements for any new debts, leases acquired by the university.
- Provide training for all new accounting pronouncements and other technical accounting topics University’s finance division.
- Review accounting requirements for large capital projects.
- Maintaining appropriate accounting policies and practices
- Review and coordination of statutory accounts
- Preparation of papers for finance and audit Committee
You will be a fully qualified Accountant ACA, ACCA, or equivalent with extensive knowledge of current UK financial reporting standards (FRSs) and have extensive experience of using computerised accounting systems and reporting tools to analyse and report upon large complex data sets.
Interested to learn more? Express your interest by sharing your latest CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org