Graduate Embedded Software EngineerReference: BH-58962
This would be a great opportunity for someone looking for their first embedded role within a compnay that invest and develop their staffs skills.
The main purpose of this role is to design, construct and test PLC and / or SCADA software and to produce associated documentation (such as Functional Design Specifications and Test Plans) that fully complies with Standards and contractual requirements.
1) Understand and interpret the functional / control / system requirements of the project / requirement.
2) From 1) and where applicable, to design documents including I/O lists, FDS, SDS, test documents, etc.
3) From 2) to programme PLCs and HMI’s (including but not limited to Allen Bradley, Siemens and Mitsubishi) and where applicable, to configure SCADA systems. Note: Training will be given where necessary.
4) Deliver assigned projects on-time and to cost (in accordance with Standards and contractual requirements).
5) Continually demonstrate expert knowledge of computer / PLC logic and flow-charting.
6) Understand low voltage electrical systems and drawings.
7) Attend customer’s sites whenever required always upholding the Company’s Culture and Values.
8) Where necessary, to review and repair legacy code.
9) Conduct system analysis and development, sometimes with limited support from other personnel and to keep systems current with changing technologies and methodologies.
10) Test and proof programs to ensure that functionality, logic and syntax is correct / in accordance with the FDS and Test Plan.
11) Document code consistently and in all software so that it can be fully understood by other individuals (internally and externally) and that it fully complies with Standards / expectations / best practice.
12) Possess strong and effective inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and personnel.
13) When necessary, to undertake specific scalability and portability analysis.
14) Help with the development and harmonisation of the Company’s processes and Knowledge-based systems.