Governance LeadReference: BH-53536
Talking a lead on information governance, compliance and controls this is a great opportunity for someone looking for a leadership role with full autonomy.
Duties will include:
- Maintain expert knowledge of data protection law and practices and how they apply to organisation
- Be the first point of contact for all data protection matters
- Support programmes of work from inception to ensure that data protection is addressed by default and in the design of new systems and information processes
- Be available to be contacted directly by data subjects
- Ensure that DPO responsibilities are not influenced and manage conflict of interest protocol within the organisation
- Develop or advise senior management on the development and establishment of policies, procedures and other measures to ensure compliance with the GDPR
- Monitor compliance and provide reports to the Senior Leadership Team
- Support programmes and initiatives that involve the development of new or innovative information processes on the need for data protection impact assessment
- Support and advise programmes and initiatives in conducting data protection impact assessments, and to assure the proposed mitigation's
- Consult with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) where proposed processing poses a high risk in the absence of proposed mitigation
- Provision of specialist advice to the organisation on compliance obligations
- Provision of advice to projects and business change initiatives on when data protection impact assessment is required
- Development of materials to support staff in conducting data protection impact assessment and implementing
- Lead on the completion of the Data Security and Protection (DSP) toolkit
- Develop training materials and deliver training, what are we looking for:
- Ideally GDPR qualified (or by experience)
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of Information Governance practice and legislation
- Professional knowledge of information governance, including information governance risk management acquired through training and qualifications
- Evidence working knowledge of the Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations, Freedom of Information Act, Caldicott Principles and other information governance legislation and best practice.
- Previous experience of the requirements of the Information Governance Toolkit/Data Protection Security Toolkit
- Experience of policy/strategy development
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills with staff at all levels
- Ability to solve problems and use initiative to secure desired outcomes
- A self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritise own workload in a busy environment.
Please apply for further details.