Financial ControllerReference: BH-54048
Leading and developing a small team this is a hands on role to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as improvement of internal control policies and procedures.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost control, WIP management and cashflow analysis.
- Manage a team of three Finance Employees
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Research any technical accounting issues to action with the support of the FD
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with UK reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls, ensuring that these are fit for purpose as the business grows.
- Additional controller duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller or be a Finance Manager looking to take the next step in their career
- Experience of managing a team
- ACA/ACCA Qualified
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Ambitious and highly motivated
- Hands on approach
- Inquisitive nature. Be interested in the business and its activities, learning its key drivers and how you can best support its ambitions as a finance team.
- Desire to make improvements to the team, systems and processes that will ultimately lead to more accurate and timely reporting.
This role offers huge opportunity to the successful individual and will suit someone who is looking to grow with the business. The company are based in Bury St Edmunds with free on-site car parking and would be looking for someone to be in the office a minimum of three days a week