Finance Business Partner - 12 month contractReference: BH-53479
This role is to provide maternity cover, however, due to the planned growth within the business, the role has the potential to become a permanent position.
You will play a key role within the finance team that will oversee a large, complex project as well as multiple other smaller projects. You will work closely with multifunctional projects teams to support the effective delivery of the work.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- Responsibility for all financial aspects of the allocated projects; ensuring effective budgeting, forecasting and tracking of the Estimate Cost to Complete (ETC), management and reporting for the project, including consolidation into business unit results on a monthly basis
- Business partnering, providing finance leadership, governance, advice and information to support Project Managers and the Programme Director
- Provide finance support and actively participate in performance reviews of the project, providing insight and information as required
- Supporting the Project and Senior Leadership Teams in spend decisions and understanding financial risk
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations for allocated project(s), driving continuous improvement in month-end reporting disciplines
- Responsibility for project cash flow management and forecasting
The ideal candidate for this role will have broad accounting experience but will need to have experience of project accounting/Finance Business Partnering on large scale customer deliverables (ideally with experience of long-term contract accounting). In addition, interested candidates should be qualified ACA/ACCA or CIMA.
Finally, you should have strong data manipulation and excel skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of different stakeholders.