Field Service EngineerReference: BH-54631
Although technical experience is essential for this role, we are also looking for excellent communication and customer service skills to deal with points of contact at each site effectively.
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve technical issues, escalating appropriately to 3rd Line service desk or Infrastructure Engineers where necessary, whether working remotely or on site.
- Provide end user and infrastructure support (remote and on-site) for desktop / notebook computers, mobile devices, Microsoft and Apple OS, applications, local services (antivirus, firewall, print spoolers, etc.), networking (LAN / WAN, IPV4, Gateways, DHCP, etc.), drive mapping, printers, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and 3rd party vendor repairs.
- Travel to and from sites across the UK (some overnight stays possible).
- Collect IT equipment from client sites and return to the St Ives Head office.
- Deliver, install, and configure IT equipment at client sites.
- Troubleshoot issues and seek to resolve promptly.
- Provide basic training to users on how to use equipment and systems.
- Be involved in system implementations and site deployments.
- Complete basic CAT5 and CAT6 cabling repairs.
- Ability to use, support and implement MS office applications.
- Working knowledge and experience of Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Remote Desktop Services and Active Directory & Windows Operating Systems.
- A general understanding of IT Networking: TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, WLAN.
- Good knowledge of mobile phone devices, both apple and android, and hardware such as printers and Bluetooth peripherals.
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to proactively problem solve and identify solutions.
- Basic understanding of GDPR principals.
For further information please contact Jenny Saban in our Cambridge office