Engineering BuyerReference: BH-59425
I am recruiting for a brand new position for my client based in St Neots. They are looking for an Engineering Buyer to join their rapidly expanding team and this role will form a key, integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of operational and strategic objectives.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, the Engineering Buyer will support the whole purchasing team and act as forefront for daily activities and support function at a strategic level.
Daily duties include:
- Requesting quotes, analysing quotes and making sourcing recommendation/decisions using comparison of quotations and/or decision matrix.
- Check drawings and specifications with suppliers for quotations
- Updating prices in SAP, costing of parts and resolved blocked invoices
- Ensuring accuracy of source list for the processing of purchase orders
- Assist the Sales/Engineering process with collecting target prices and effective quotations
- Planning and organising meetings and preparing accurate minutes
- Documenting purchasing decisions
- Conducting annual price negotiations with local suppliers
- Renegotiate initial offers from suppliers to generate savings
- Identify new local suppliers and agree terms and negotiate where agreements
- Undertake annual supplier assessments
- Visiting suppliers an customers while providing a proactive response to problems
- Conduct supplier audits
- Support and implement local purchasing strategy and strategies defined by material field specialist
- Monitoring suppliers' dependency level to minimise risk
- Participate in projects meetings
As well as the above, you will be expected to participate in projects meetings with internal and external customers and attend regional conferences or cross location meetings.
Requirements for the role:
- Extensive buying experience
- Experience with SAP R3 or similar
- Engineering or technical background including knowledge of hydraulic products
- Ability to read engineering drawings
This is a full time, permanent role and for the first three months, full on site working will be required. Free onsite parking is provided. After the first three months, hybrid working can be an option subject to business requirements.
As well as a basic salary, there are other benefits including bonus, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and much more.
Contact Emily at Pure for more information.