DevOps EngineerReference: BH-54067
As a leading provider of asset and risk management software, they are embarking on a programme of change and modernisation work across their product portfolio including the development of a new cloud-native applications.
The DevOps Engineer will play an important part in the modernisation programme as the balance of hosting environments shifts from managed hosting to Azure cloud over the coming months and years. The DevOps Engineer will be a key Azure resource in the team but will be equally happy to roll up their sleeves getting involved in the full range of DevOps activities such as the deployment of software and ensuring the environments are secure, automated and stable. The DevOps Engineer works with all products to ensure a consistent method of automated software builds, packaging methods and deployment processes.
- Management of Azure Cloud estate including managing proactively to deliver the strategy and reactively to issues such as troubleshooting production issues and providing 1st/2nd line support.
- Network configuration such as managing subnets, firewalls, load-balancing within our private and public cloud environments
- Managing encryption and ensuring we follow best practice security techniques
- Deployment of software and implement automation tools and frameworks to improve the processes (CI/CD pipelines). Co-ordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Administration and configuration changes to physical and virtual servers including remote access
- Monitoring security of virtual network and applying countermeasures in the form of virus protection and firewall rules where applicable
- Co-ordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Microsoft Azure (essential)and AWS (beneficial)
- Technical expertise and experience across cloud hosting, DevOps, virtual networks, servers, databases, software deployment and security
- Scripting in one language such as Powershell, Python etc
- Server Operating Systems including Window Server, RedHat and VMWare Virtualisation
- Database knowledge including Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database Services
- Strong problem-solving ability and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to communicate with different departments, in some cases explaining technical issues to non-technical staff in order to resolve issues
- Ability to identify/address potential issues that may arise from fixes to one product affecting others before they happen. e.g., Build Server changes, database platform upgrades
In return for your skills, experience, and dedication you will be rewarded with a great salary, annual bonus, enhanced benefits, and fabulous values driven culture.
For more information, please contact Ruben Davis at Pure Resourcing Solutions