Credit ControlReference: BH-53446
A high level of enthusiasm, drive and organisational skills are required to make a success of this permanent full-time position.
Main Responsibilities to include
• Ensure Customer Payments are received in accordance with account terms
• Check credit reports on existing and potential accounts
• Regularly review and update existing Credit Limits & Payment Terms offered
• Review new accounts to determine Credit Terms offered
• Regularly chase overdue accounts via telephone, email and letter
• Check and code BACS remittance advices received
• Reconcile Customer Accounts as and when necessary
• Maintain accurate Customer Contact details
• Review and forward monthly statements
• Liaise with both Customer and Internal Departments/Depots in resolving outstanding invoice issues
• To begin the process of Legal Proceedings and the repossession of goods
• Any other ad hoc duties required
The ideal candidate should have: -
• Previous experience of working in Credit Control.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• An enthusiastic attitude towards both work and learning new systems and processes.
• A positive and flexible attitude with the ability to act on their own initiative.
• Excellent problem-solving skills for timely and efficient resolution of invoice queries.
• Be capable of working well under pressure, prioritise workloads and adhere to strict deadlines.
• IT literate – Word and Outlook are essential.
• Advanced in Excel – be able to manipulate reports and filter information.
• Familiar with using accounts software packages.