Category ManagerReference: BH-52794
This is a business that are going from strength to strength and pride themselves on their ability to attract and retain some of the best people in the region. Working as part of a strong commercial team this is a unique opportunity for someone that enjoys working in a demanding but rewarding role and who can maximise profit margins across a key range of products. The role is paid on a basic salary plus bonus basis, with a basic salary of up to £50k and a genuine OTE of circa £75,000.
This is a very commercial role and is managing a key product range for the business. The Category Manager will have overall responsibility for managing and developing a profitable product portfolio within the category from sourcing the right product through to ensuring it is sold through the right channels at the right price. The role requires strong purchasing, marketing and analysis skills coupled with a strong attention to detail.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Building a strong product knowledge for your category
- Sourcing the best products from the right suppliers
- Negotiating the best prices and accurately forecasting the correct quantities of stock to purchase and hold
- Strong competitor analysis, understanding competitor pricing structures, offers and promotions as well as new products
- Creating new product lines and taking them to market at the right pricing point via the right channels
- Adapting to and responding to change in consumer demands and responding accordingly
- Proven experience working within an ecommerce and or FMCG business within product or category management
- Very strong forecasting and analytical skills, a good grasp of Excel and Google Analytics would be an advantage
- Skills and experience within procurement, supply chain and or marketing would be beneficial
- Educated to degree level is preferable
- Strong commercial understanding of profit and loss