Business Development ProfessionalJob not available
to support the delivery of business development services, in particular the process for responding to proposals and tenders and other new business opportunities of strategic importance to the firm to assist the generation of new fees from both new prospects or existing clients.
Monday to Friday - 37.5 hours. Occasional out of office hours for which overtime will be paid.
Based in Ipswich but occasional travel (monthly) to other offices.
Salary: £28,000- £32,000pa
Tenders, pitch and proposal documents:
- Working with our Business Development Manager, producing tender documents, proposals and presentations, playing a key role in the management of the entire tender process across all practice and industry groups.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a proposals database for holding and sharing tender information.
- Undertaking follow-up after a tender or pitch, gaining feedback on results and reporting back internally on areas of success and those areas identified for improvement of the tender process.
- Responsibility for co-ordinating the production of the firm's annual legal directory submissions, guiding practice teams to ensure they submit on time and to a high quality standard to ensure continued high rankings.
- Responsibility to work closely with the Ipswich Sales Team to implement effective BD processes and pipelines within the Ipswich office, to manage a list of new prospects and key accounts across the office to generate new fees from both existing clients and new prospects.
- Ensure sales targets have a regular contact programme in place as well as effective follow-up to move targets through the sales pipeline.
- Provide the BD Manager with sales target management information to feed into Management Board reports on a monthly basis.
- Working closely with industry sector and practice teams to identify and research potential targets and execute local business development and marketing plans.
- BD representative for specific practice / sector teams with responsibility for organising the group and maximising marketing and business development opportunities.
- Assisting with the development, implementation and coordination of fee earner Personal Business Development plans.
- To be an ambassador for the firm’s CRM system to record all relevant business development activity to assist measurement of this for the firm.
- Liaising with fee earners to ensure clients and intermediaries have appropriate access to the firm's services and information.
- To work with fee earners to improve client retention and the identification of potential opportunities with existing clients to increase customer satisfaction.
- As part of a team, investigating new ideas to differentiate this company in the market place.
- Support other Business Development team members in other office locations where necessary.
- Support the BD manager on ad-hoc projects as appropriate.
- Other Business Development duties/projects as and when required.
- Good business development and marketing experience, gained within a professional services, legal services or similar industry.
- Proven ability to manage and influence at a senior level.
- Track record of developing and implementing business development and marketing plans resulting in measurable commercial success.
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Word and PowerPoint essential). Experience of Excel and desktop publishing tools such as InDesign would also be useful.
- Proven experience of writing proposals, tenders and presentations, ideally within the professional services sector.
- CIM or equivalent
- Strong understanding of marketing and business development processes.
- A team player with the ability to create a positive impact with colleagues, peers, partners and clients and to demonstrate diplomacy, listening and influencing skills.
- Proactive rather than reactive in approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Demonstrating enthusiasm, confronting and overcoming obstacles to make progress.
- Applies broad knowledge to analyse problems, suggest solutions and where appropriate, implement them.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an excellent eye for detail and the ability to write compelling propositions.
- Demonstrating consistent excellent service delivery to internal clients.
- Effective project management skills including the ability to plan ahead and prioritise conflicting demands to meet deadlines for the team.
- Demonstrating an understanding of the firm's business and marketplace.
- Working effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrating a keen interest in self-development and showing initiative.
Please contact Pure for more information.
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: