Business AnalystReference: BH-53760
As a Business Analyst, you'll work as part of an Agile Scrum Team, having responsibility for understanding user needs, working closely with clients, translating problems or requirements into user stories and defining acceptance criteria. You'll be highly customer-focused and responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, supporting your scrum teams to achieve team goals.
This is a great opportunity to join a team that is starting out on its agile journey and to make a difference to a business that is focused on growth and product development. Understanding and improvements of the ‘real’ process and system problems to optimise the business is key – this role can make a huge difference to the success of the group.
The role exists to maximise the delivery of technology value to our businesses to enable the fulfilment of our digital ambition, through delivery of our convergence agenda. It is a hands-on, transformative business analysis role that will also accelerate the transition of Group IT and our businesses to agile ways of working.
- Working with stakeholders and business users to elicit, capture, analyse, refine, communicate, and document their requirements as Epics and User Stories; with the ability to define the MVP
- Assisting in sprint planning and pointing/sizing to agree a sprint plan based on business priority and development/testing capacity
- Attending daily stand-ups with the team to address any impediments
- As - is analysis, developing a robust understanding of the existing business situation, including problems and opportunities
- To – be analysis including conceptual models and detailed process models where appropriate
- Gap- analysis exploring the differences between the current and desired situations; identifying opportunities for business change
- Ensure impact of business decisions is reviewed / carry out impact analysis where necessary
- Create, document and facilitate RFI’s and RFP’s
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors where there is a need/decision to implement a COTS solution vs in-house development
- Take responsibility on tracking requirements through to business acceptance
- Liaise with the business to organise support for the transition of solutions to go live
- Where necessary, conduct analysis that will support the Service Desk team