Audit Manager - Charity & Not for ProfitReference: BH-53784
Managers are responsible for the smooth running of their portfolios and for ensuring technical work is carried out in line with the firm’s high standards and procedures. Managers assist partners in meeting the firm’s strategic aims, marketing and commercial objectives. Assisting partners in the administration and overall performance of their groups and the affairs of the firm. Help initiate change, continuous improvement and motivate and develop the less experienced members of the team.
Primarily office based and includes the day-to-day administration of the group’s affairs, with client visits/external work. .
- Planning and budgeting of assignments for partner agreement. Monitor progress of assignment and apprising partners of progress and problems. Carrying out file review on completion of assignment, prior to final partner review.
- Assisting with detailed and more complex work on assignments when necessary.
- Ensuring that job budgets are completed and compared to actual time, and that explanations are obtained and recorded for any variances.
- Assisting with billing, debt collection, and reduction of write-offs
- Maintaining group work programmes and monitoring jobs awaiting completion
- Assisting in the performance appraisal scheme, assistance in identifying staff’s strengths and weaknesses and training needs.
- Ensuring communication between partners and staff is optimised at all times.
- Supervision and motivation of staff.
- Identify marketing opportunities both for additional services with existing clients and introducing new clients to the firm.
- Help to produce proposals from initial identification to help win new and profitable business.
You will be a qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA or equivalent. Our client offers a competitive salary and good benefits and has a strong work/life balance.
If you would like to work for an independent firm that looks after its staff then please contact Mark Wishart at Pure on 01223 209888