Application DeveloperReference: BH-53494
In your new job as an application developer, you will be responsible for Developing IT solutions to business challenges using core business application and your own code. There will be involvement on a variety of software development projects ranging from existing projects and platform maintenance activities through to creating new products and software.
- Design and Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications.
- Assist with application support duties including technical diagnosis and resolution of issues.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
- Identify bottle necks and bugs and devise solutions.
- Utilize software engineering fundamentals and industry best practices, including analysis & design concepts, data modelling, implementation patterns, and quality driven development to deliver software component.
- Liaise and work closely with the IT department to ensure quality and delivery of tasks.
- Partake in continual personal and professional development to stay up to date with the technology in the field.
- Someone who is eager to learn and develop and grow with the company – we will train you to fill any gaps in knowledge and experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a business environment developing solutions using Microsoft’s .NET technology (C#)
- 1-2 years’ experience working with the end user to identify and design a solution.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Any understanding of Version Control software such as Git.
- Knowledge/Experience in the following would be advantageous but not essential: -
- Experience with WPF Applications (WinForms for legacy applications)
- Creating Websites (MVC) especially understanding of Rest API’s.
- Creating Xamarin Applications
- Knowledge of Message Queue technologies.
- A positive approach to Problem Solving.
- A passion for learning new things
- Good Time management, prioritization & organizational skills
- Great Communication Skills
- Some previous exposure to ERP and Retail systems would be advantageous but is not necessary.
- Has a can-do attitude, and displays a positive attitude to challenges.
- A willingness to occasionally visit our stores all over the UK.