Accounts Payable AssistantReference: BH-54327
We are recruiting for a well-established, leading company in Bishop’s Stortford who are recruiting for a Purchase Ledger clerk to join their established team, on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible, dealing with the suppliers, supplier queries and the full purchase ledger process. This role reports straight into the Finance Controller.
Key Responsibilities as follows:
- Process all invoices
- Resolve queries between Purchase Orders and supplier invoices by following the clarification process and by contacting colleagues/suppliers.
- Ensure that invoices in query are followed up and that the number of outstanding invoices is minimised.
- Ensure overhead invoices and other invoices with no PO are correctly coded and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensure supplier invoices are correct (VAT number, addressed to correct company etc).
- Ensure the top suppliers are sent a statement on a regular basis (minimum monthly)
- Reconcile statements to supplier accounts and request copies of missing invoices/credit notes
- Perform weekly payment run, ensuring that all payments to be approved by Financial Controller are correct, and that the make up of larger payments are understood
- Escalate any threats from Suppliers to Financial Controller and other appropriate people (operations team)
- Check bank details for all new suppliers (or existing suppliers who are changing their bank details) to avoid fraud.
- Review of supplier accounts to eradicate debit balances (process missing invoice/credit notes)
- Request refunds as soon as possible after refund is identified.
- Adhoc reporting for the FC
Key Requirements for the role:
- Must have 2+ years’ experience with processing purchase ledger invoices
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Have previous experience with purchase orders and matching to invoices
- Ability to prioritise their workload efficiently and effectively
- Excellent Excel skills is a must
- Must have experience working well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team and individually
- Have knowledge of financial systems
- AAT or further study/ attitude to progress within an organisation
If you believe you have the skills, knowledge, and experience for this role, and want to be part of an exciting organisation we would like to hear from you.
Please apply or contact Rachel @ Pure for further information.