Accounts AssistantReference: BH-53134
The role will consist of supporting and assisting divisional management accountants within the finance team based in Thurrock, Essex. Looking for a keen, bright, highly motivated individual with an interest in the fashion industry.
Ideally studying and looking for first opportunity within management accounting team to progress and develop accounting skills and knowledge.
The role will consist of supporting and assisting divisional management accountants within the team with the below assigned responsibilities.
- Preparation of timely and reliable monthly accounts for the SOR (Sale or Return) business channel, including:
- Sales and margin reconciliations
- Stock control and reconciliation
- Overhead accounting
- Fixed assets register maintenance
- Foreign Exchange reporting
- Intercompany and 3rd party recharges and reconciliations
- Analysis of monthly divisional overheads
- Control account reconciliations
- Assisting in production of monthly management account schedules
- To prepare timely and accurate year-end financial information to assist the auditors with the year-end process
- National Statistics enquiries
- To work closely with fellow divisional management accountants ensuring a healthy working environment conducive to producing financial information in an effective and efficient manner
- Ad hoc duties
- Role would suit an AAT studier
- Good time management and communication skills
- Team player
- Self-motivated, proactive
- System skills an advantage (Excel, SAP)