Accounts Assistant ContractReference: BH-53131
Candidates must have exceptional administration skills and will ideally have worked within an accounting finance previously. Applicants will ideally be studying towards their AAT and will hold strong Excel skills.
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Administration of student fees and other accounts
- Liasing with different funding bodies that provide funding for undergraduate and graduate students
- Preparation of statements for students showing charges for fees, rents, catering and credits for awards and grants
- Preparation of rent and other ad hoc invoices
- Preparation and payment of supervision claims
- Monitoring of all debtor accounts
- Production of reports
- Reconciliation of the bank account and allocation of payments
- Liaising with management in the event of delays or difficulties affecting the payment of invoices/statements
- To assist with Administration of Trust Funds
- Administration and accounting for Bursary schemes
- Regular and adhoc analysis and reporting for the Deputy Finance Manager
- Drive efficiency and new process development of the accounts processes
This role will have lots of involvement in dealing with students and agents. Candidates must have a polite telephone manner and must be able to resolve queries in an assertive but effective way. This role will have alot of processes and information to learn so candidates must be quick learners who are able to take in complex information. This role will keep the successful applicant busy so experience of dealing with a busy workload is desirable.
Successful applicants must be qualified to A Level or equivalent, with GCSE/O levels in Maths & English. Experience of working in a finance team where your duties included sales ledger, debtor related tasks, banking and reconciliation's is desirable however good administrators with an exposure to finance tasks will also be considered. This role involves alot of work on Excel - applicants must be competent users. Confidentiality is a very important part of this role so it is essential that candidates are proffessional and able to deal with confidential information. Tact, patience, organisation and empathy is key!
This role starts in the middle of August and will be for around 14/15 months.
For more information on this role please call me on 01223 209888.