Accountant - Remote WorkingReference: BH-53302
Our client is an international listed businesses with offices in London and Colchester. This fixted term contract role sits within one the Financial Accounting teams within Colchester, however home/remote working is available with very occasional days in Colchester (potentially required).
This initially a 12 month fixed term contract, and would suit applicants who are finalist ACCA/CIMA/ACA or newly qualified, with a strong background in financial accounting.
The Accountant is expected to assume some of the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
· Prepare and submit VAT returns to a high standard in line with timetable
· Prepare and submit EC Sales lists
· Ensure all relevant queries are followed up in a timely manner
· Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard and to deadline
· Prepare annual PSA return
· Prepare and review total tax contributions for direct and indirect taxes
· Assist with the preparation and submission of corporation tax and withholding tax returns
· Complete detailed analysis of general ledger codes for use in the tax returns
· Assist with obtaining certificates of residence from tax authorities
· Prepare draft statutory accounts with clear and concise working files
· Assist with the daily and monthly treasury back office processes
· Assist with preparation of information for internal and external stakeholders on an adhoc basis
Qualifications & Experience
· At the latter stages of qualification or ideally newly qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
· Good understanding of all Tax & Financial Accounting processes including best practice in Tax & Financial Accounting, people, processes and technology
· Ability to manage owe deadline and priorities, whilst delivering a high standard of work and supporting junior members when they require assistance.
· Evidence of making decisions at the right time based on the information available.
· Good presentation skills
Apply now for more information or contact Paul Sheldrake at Pure.