Financial ControllerJob not available
Anglian Learning is a high-performing multi-academy trust. The Trust currently supports 6 secondary and 8 primary schools, educating over 7,000 pupils and employing over 800 staff.
Initially based at Sawston Village College but with regular travel across Trust sites in Cambridgeshire, West Suffolk and North Essex
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer this is a new role which will need someone that can provide leadership, professional management, and control of the financial function of the Trust as a senior member of the central Trust team. The post holder will have direct line management responsibility for the staff in the central Finance Team. The post holder will need to build strong and effective professional, supportive relationships across the Trust with school based colleagues where they have no direct line management responsibility.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Management of a complex finance function, prioritising conflicting and often diverse objectives
• Leading preparation and co-ordination of the Trust’s budgeting and financial forecasting activities and producing timely and accurate reporting against those plans for the Chief Operating Officer
• Ensuring that Anglian Learning schools receive regular, timely and accurate budget monitoring information
• Developing and maintaining financial regulations and procedures to ensure effective financial control and good practice financial management
• Prepare the Trust’s annual and medium term consolidated financial plans, in consultation with the Chief Operating Officer and each school’s Principal
• Lead on the preparation of year end accounts and external audit, contributing to the preparation of statutory financial statements and annual returns as required by law
• Prepare estimates and financial / annual returns as required by funding bodies, government departments, and Companies House
• Prepare annual budgets, forecasts and five year financial plans for review by the Executive Leadership Team and approval by the Trust Board
• Prepare monthly management accounts, and other financial reports
• Contribute to the development of funding bids to external bodies to maximise the resources for the Trust
• Manage the Trust’s tax affairs and the submission of VAT and other tax returns and ensure that tax obligations are discharged correctly and effectively. Systems
You will be CCAB (ICAEW, CIPFA, or ACCA) or CIMA or equivalent with evidence of continuous professional development. Experience of managing and leading teams and strong business partnering skills.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact Mark Wishart at Pure on 01223209888 or send CV to me at email@example.com
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: