Systems EngineerReference: J52280
Our client, a leading employer in Cambridge are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Founded in 2010 and employing over 140 people, they deliver an industry-leading payments platform to customers across the world.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Working with other Engineers and Administrators to design, test and deliver technical solutions that align to the needs of the business and IT strategy to defined timescales.
- Improving the customer facing IT systems, in on premise, co-located and cloud hosted environments.
- Triaging tickets in their CRM system for 1st/2nd line support queries
- Performing daily/weekly checks
- Assisting with software releases into production environments.
- Working within a small team on monitoring, maintaining and continually improving both the development and live production Linux environments.
- Working with the database team in business as usual tasks and monitoring the database systems.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Application management / support activities for UNIX/Linux
- General experience of networks and network security.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux, or variants.
- Windows server experience 2012 onwards
- SQL Server experience.
- Experience of release / deployment and diagnostic skills.
- Experience in a high availability IT environment, preferably AWS.
- Task automation in Linux, e.g. shell scripting, ruby, python.
- Any experience of Splunk, icinga or Chef.
On top of working in a modern and relaxed working environment they offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday
- Flexible hours - 35 hour working week
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Income protection
- 5% pension contributions
- Health Cash Plan
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free parking
Please apply now with your CV for further information.