Systems EngineerJob not available
Our client, a leading employer in Cambridge are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Founded in 2010 and employing over 140 people, they deliver an industry-leading payments platform to customers across the world.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Working with other Engineers and Administrators to design, test and deliver technical solutions that align to the needs of the business and IT strategy to defined timescales.
- Improving the customer facing IT systems, in on premise, co-located and cloud hosted environments.
- Triaging tickets in their CRM system for 1st/2nd line support queries
- Performing daily/weekly checks
- Assisting with software releases into production environments.
- Working within a small team on monitoring, maintaining and continually improving both the development and live production Linux environments.
- Working with the database team in business as usual tasks and monitoring the database systems.
The ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- Application management / support activities for UNIX/Linux
- General experience of networks and network security.
- RedHat Enterprise Linux, or variants.
- Windows server experience 2012 onwards
- SQL Server experience.
- Experience of release / deployment and diagnostic skills.
- Experience in a high availability IT environment, preferably AWS.
- Task automation in Linux, e.g. shell scripting, ruby, python.
- Any experience of Splunk, icinga or Chef.
On top of working in a modern and relaxed working environment they offer a competitive benefits package, which includes:
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday
- Flexible hours - 35 hour working week
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x salary life assurance
- Income protection
- 5% pension contributions
- Health Cash Plan
- Child Care Vouchers
- Free parking
Please apply now with your CV for further information.
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: