Procurement Manager / Head of ProcurementReference: J51788
They are now seeking someone to lead the procurement function across the group, looking after both direct and indirect spend.
Purpose of the role
You will be leading and developing the procurement function across direct and indirect spend to obtain best value from suppliers whilst developing a great understanding and relationship with them and the internal stakeholders.
You will be able to identify potential savings and as a member of the senior management team be able to implement a plan and deliver them.
- Putting together and overseeing the delivery of category strategies
- Reducing spend that isn't necessary and doesn't add value
- Consolidate suppliers where necessary and ensuring sensible terms are in place
- Leading on business critical projects
- Looking for ways to improve the teams and processes
- Develop and implement a succession plan
- Producing reports and presenting findings
What do you need to bring to the table?
- To be of a degree level with ideally a professional membership
- Experienced at leading procurement and supply chain teams
- Worked within the construction sector
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- Worked with both direct and indirect spend including subcontractors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Design and implement procurement strategies
- Proven track record of driving change
- Proven track record of significant cost reduction
- Have managed and set budgets
What do you get?
A package that could be in excess of £70,000 which is as follows:
- Salary up to £65K
- Company Car or allowance
- Business and private mileage (fuel Card)
- 25 days holiday
- Pension up to 6% employee and employer
- Private medical care - employee only
- Relevant Professional Subscription x2 per annum
- Life cover up to 3 x pensionable salary