Part Time AccountantJob not available
Harwich (free parking)
12 month Fixed Term Contract
A business in Harwich are looking for a ACCA/CIMA qualified or part qualified accountant to help support the finance team through a busy period of growth. This position is a newly created opportunity and will support the Financial Controller in ensuring that all Financial reporting is completed to a high standard.
• Manage all balance sheet and account reconciliations
• Manage the banking activity including bank deposits, cash and petty cash books and banking records, ensuring that bank statements, and cash balances are reconciled on a weekly basis
• Maintain bank deposits in accordance with the businesses cash management policy
• Maintain the accounting records for VAT and Duty; including the filing of returns to HMRC
• Maintain Nominal Ledger, Producing Trial Balance and Monthly OES
• Approve payment runs, and where applicable, check and post details to Nominal Ledger
• Complete and maintain the Nominal Journal, recording transactions not written to nominal ledger via cash book, purchase or dues ledger
• Review and check the accuracy of ledger audit trails and expenditure analysis of purchase ledger invoices, stores and salary journals
The successful candidate will need to have gained experience of management accountant and a good understand of excel, using pivot tables and v-look ups.
This role is offering an excellent salary, potential opportunities for career progression nice office environment and free parking.