HR AdvisorReference: J51993
An excellent new role has arisen working for a leading commercial business based at their head office. This is a newly created position that will work closely with the HR Manager, providing a comprehensive generalist HR Service to the business. The role will be busy and varied and as its working for an SME it needs a candidate who is proactive and positive and who is able to take on additional responsibilities as required.
The main duties and responsibilities will include the following;
• Be the first point of contact for employee queries regarding HR, Payroll/Pension and Holiday issues.
• Preparation of the monthly Payroll and Pension administration
• Recording, monitoring and reporting on staff attendance and holidays.
• HR Reporting
• Maintaining accurate HR files
• Advising and supporting ER cases, including disciplinary and grievance procedures, appeal hearings, investigative meetings, performance discussions and absence management, including note-taking.
• Conducting HR investigations, advising Managers and assisting with subsequent proceedings.
• Management of absence, aiding a return to work or supporting the capability process.
• Annual bonus and salary reviews.
• Supporting the annual performance reviews and performance improvement process.
• Developing and delivering HR guidelines, processes and documentation.
• Overseeing Training and Development.
• Exit Interviews.
• Completion of all recruitment documentation including raising and issuing offer letters, contracts of employment and CV checks.
• Liaising with Agencies, Managers and Candidates to schedule interviews.
• Posting Job Adverts.
• Running Inductions.
Key skills and experience required for this role include;
• Proven experience in an HR Assistant / HR Advisor role preferably within an SME environment
• Payroll preparation
• Excellent Excel skills
• Hands-on experience with an HRIS or HRMS
• Flexibility to adjust working hours
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong communications skills
• A hands on and generalist HR skill set
• Strong knowledge of UK employment law
• A can do attitude
• A down to earth and pragmatic approach