Head of PMOReference: J58440
This is a newly created position and will help the organisation establish and develop a PMO function across a complex multi-site business.
The position will manage a substantial budget and a team of 5.
Key Duties will include:
• Oversee and lead the PMO function
• Management of a broad portfolio of projects across various business units
• Providing assurance that approved projects are on track to deliver and highlighting any risks to delivery, working in partnership with various teams to mitigate risk and resolve any delivery issues
• Delivery of assigned internal and enterprise-wide projects. This will include the control of budget, scope, resource, timescales and quality.
• Ensuring project and portfolio management standards are adhered to.
• Scheduling of approved projects
• Produce regular and in depth reporting to all stakeholders
• Operation of the Governance Board and associated sub-boards to ensure management of control and risk
• Ensuring project pipeline is manageable and in line with strategic and project roadmaps to meet commercial outcomes
• Build guidelines and support mechanisms to support project processes across the business
• Supporting the CTO and IT Leadership team in IT transformation
• Management of PMO team including reviews, development and recruitment
• Various senior management duties as part of supporting running a successful organisation
We are looking for an experience projects / PMO professional with some of the following:
• PMO and Portfolio Management including scheduling, assurance, tracking and reporting
• Set-up and operation of governance processes
• Project Management skills with a hands on approach
• Good communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to adapt quickly within a constantly changing fast paced environment
• A practical level of understanding of planning, scheduling, resource management, risk & issue management, governance, frameworks & methodologies, stakeholder engagement, assurance, change control and knowledge management.
• Steadfast in doing the right thing'
• Running projects with agile alongside awareness of other project methodologies and approaches
• Projects qualified (Prince2/MSP/APMP) with a proven track record
The business are offering a superb working environment, clear career path and excellent opportunities for development and progression.
This post will involve some UK travel as things return to normal. In the current environment the role offers working from home and flexi working in a normal environment. This is a superb opportunity with a developing organisation in a secure and engaged working environment.
Package will include:
Base salary £60-70k
Flexi-time (currently working from home) Head offices in Chelmsford.
26 days annual leave