Group Financial ControllerReference: J49726
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and manage the Group finance department with clear sight of the objectives of the organisation and its fast-paced strategy. The exposure and breadth of experience gained within this role stands the role holder in good stead for a future as a CFO.
The Group Financial Controller will work very closely with the Chief Financial Officer, acting as his number 2' and providing pro-active advice, support and suggestions to the CFO in order to maximise the strategic and financial success of the Group.
• Developing and leading a robust and responsive finance function capable of providing high quality, reliable and accurate financial information in a timely manner to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensuring that the business has the requisite controls, systems and infrastructure to support future growth, challenging the status quo if needed.
• Developing management information that will enable effective insight into business performance, to facilitate management decision making and profit maximisation.
• Liaising effectively and managing relationships with auditors, bankers, solicitors and other relevant external advisors and relationships.
• Ultimate responsibility for financial control and reporting on a day-to-day basis
• Ensuring that all statutory reporting requirements of the organisation are met
• Pro-actively predict financial and business trends that could impact the business and taking action in order to reap the benefit or reduce risk impact
• Identifying opportunities to network with other local business leaders, expanding the opportunities to learn from others and sustain these relationships.
The successful candidate must have previous experience working within a Plc in the Group function. Ideally, you will have experience gained within a similar international manufacturing company. We are looking for a strong leader, somebody who will motivate the team in providing outstanding service and best in class reporting. You will have a proven track record improving systems and processes.
It is essential that you have the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders and network to promote the brand and maximise market opportunities. You will be a proactive problem solver and somebody who owns the plan to drive performance against agreed objectives.
Pure Executive are retained to manage this assignment and only applications directed through Pure will be assessed. For more information, please contact Lucy Plumb or to submit your interest, please apply.