Financial Controller/ManagerReference: J50497
The person will be a key member within the Finance team and will be offered a varied role and given autonomy from day one. As the Finance Manager you will be driven, and someone who thrives when given the opportunity to take ownership for key operational processes and stakeholder relationships. The Finance Manager will initially report to the Finance Director with one Finance Assistant direct report. The FM will be responsible for driving a number of critical financial tasks in support of the FD and the wider business.
• Preparing the monthly management accounts, with insightful commentary and analysis
• Overseeing and monitoring day to day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing and other transactions
• Overseeing month-end processes
• Assisting with the preparation of the rolling operational forecast
• Implementing Company Treasury policy: managing the cash flow forecast and the company's balance sheet and managing foreign currencies
• Overseeing Fixed Asset Register
• Reviewing VAT submissions
• Assisting with the year-end audit
• Assist with new ERP system implementation planned. The new system will support the scaleup and growth of the business
• Managing and developing the Finance Assistant
• Supporting the FD with other internal management or external reporting information as required.
As a growing start-up business, the role will also involve documentation and identification of improvements to business processes as well as establishing new ones as the financial framework becomes more complex and the business grows - currently 40 FTE and anticipated to double in next 18 months. It is expected that as the business scales up and the finance function grows there will be potential scope for progression for an FM that demonstrates the right aptitude and capabilities.
You will be a Qualified accountant. (ACA, CIMA and ACCA) ideally with a working experience in Sage line 50 and be an expert Excel user. Excellent written and verbal communication skills - Ideally be someone who can articulate financial concepts to non-financial audience.
To discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail please call Mark Wishart at Pure