Financial AccountantJob not available
Responsible for the following duties:
• Establish and maintain the accounting structure in for clear reporting of financial performance.
• Review of transaction processing
• To review payroll coding arising from the payroll journal, in order to ensure correct allocation of costs. Also to liaise with payroll in order to ensure that commercial staff are correctly coded in line with asset team structure.
• Ensure that expenses relating to the commercial team are accrued where invoices have not been received, and that any cross-charges between assets are recorded as necessary on a timely basis each month, in time for high level operational expense reporting required on working day 4 each month.
• Analyse and explain variances between actual costs and those included in the budget.
• Post other journals to the general ledger as required.
• Produce monthly management reports for Asset/Functional Leads and for the Director of Strategy and Commercial Excellence.
• Ensure monthly management reports detail operational performance against budget by asset and by department, and provide analysis of actual and committed costs
• Support with preparation of budgets and updates.
• Record all such costs accurately within the budget reporting process.
• Provide other expenditure analysis and scenario modelling on expenditure for Commercial colleagues.
• Provide appropriate information to support statutory financial and tax reporting.
• Support for the Assistant Accountant:
You will ideally be a newly qualified ACCA qualified Accountant and/or relevant experience as demonstrated by good working knowledge of processing of transactions, reconciliations, and month end procedures; Knowledge of financial processes. Understanding of variance reporting and budgeting techniques.
To discuss this excellent opportunity in more detail please contact Mark Wishart at Pure 01223 209888
Sorry, this job has been filled or is no longer available, by we are adding new jobs all the time. Go back to the homepage to start a new search or try one of the following to search for similar jobs: