Chair of TrusteesReference: J52203
The chair will lead a talented and highly engaged Board of Trustees and Executive team with high aspirations for future growth.
Key points to note about the role of Chair:
- This is non-executive role and the key mission is to foster what's working well and push for continual evolution of services
- The role is voluntary but the commitment is non-compromising. Applicants must offer reliability and consistency as a minimum 24 days a year.
- Meetings will take place in evenings and occasionally during working hours too.
- You will ensure the Board is taking the controlling role, and will hold Board & Executive to account for arriving at Board meetings with fully formed recommendations to enable operational delivery to happen at pace.
- You will develop strong networks throughout the region, to nurture new and existing working relationships.
- You will provide a mentoring role to the CEO through regular meetings (virtual and face to face).
- The culture of the Board is one of robust yet collegiate challenge and this has enabled the charity to make bolder business decisions. The Chair should encourage the continuation of this culture.
Minimum Candidate Requirements
- Experience of chairing a board
- Networker/ Relationship developer/experience in business partnering
- Evidence of having nurtured/ scaled up/reoriented a business
- A keen mentor/coach with a collaborative leadership style
- Action oriented and purposeful
- Empathy towards the cause of young people
- Lives by the Christian values (not necessarily a practicing Christian)