Assistant Management AccountantReference: J57321
We are looking for a part qualified accountant to join an already established finance team. The key focus of the role will entail working closely with the Financial Controller to produce monthly consolidated management accounts for our group of companies on a timely and accurate basis, alongside supporting the team with day to day transactional work.
The successful candidate will also be involved with an exciting ongoing project to optimise the efficiency and performance of the department.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with the reporting timetable
• Preparation of accompanying analysis on P&L variances
• Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts along with production of supporting schedules
• Maintenance of fixed asset register
• Completion of VAT returns
• Assist with external audits
• Assist with the monthly payroll process
• Develop and implement process improvements to ensure financial processes are effective and efficient
• Assist with the annual budgeting process
• Ad hoc tasks as and when required
• Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Advanced Excel user
• A problem solver, thinking laterally to present solutions rather than issues, with strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• Ability to manage own workloads and accurately work to tight deadlines
• Energetic, enthusiastic and driven, act with pace and proactivity in all aspects of the role, a self-starter that doesn't require hands-on management to perform their role
• Shows a desire to succeed and makes specific changes in work processes to improve performance
The role will start remotely 4 days a week and move up to 5 days a week once the business returns to the office full time.
Please contact Andy Dowsett at Pure Resourcing Solution in Chelmsford, Essex for further information.