Transactional ManagerReference: J56089
We are looking for an experienced Accountant that will take responsibility for the transactional finance teams, ensuring accurate collections and payments are made on time within delegated authorities and that risk is tightly controlled with a high level of customer service.
• Responsible for the management of the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control team and ensure routine and ad-hoc tasks are appropriately delegated, monitored and managed.
• Continued developing the transactional finance team, guide and mentor team leaders / managers, feedback and on-the-job mentoring.
• Implement and manage a set of KPI's for the teams and set targets and objectives for each of the areas and monitor the results
• Adopt a continuous improvement approach and work with the business to develop streamlined, high quality and efficient processes
• Monitor debtor and creditor risk and highlight to Finance Director any emerging issues and assist in the management thereof.
• Work collaboratively with the Accounting Team on matters impacting the GL.
• Ensure all reporting is in line with statutory requirements and accounting standards and apply all changes in standards, HMRC, policy, regulation and best practice
• Liaise with the group finance function and external auditor in the conduct of audits, reviews and investigations and take action as necessary to introduce improvements to the financial accounting procedures and service.
• AAT Qualified Accountant or Qualified by Experience
• Strong understanding of purchase ledger and sales ledger processes and control environment.
• Previous experience of managing teams
• Understanding of relevant accounting standards, concepts and applications.
• Able to tackle complex challenges whilst managing various business priorities and deadlines
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please contact Hannah Flindall for further information